Different Programming Languages one Should Learn…..
“C” is the procedure oriented language developed by Sir Dennis Ritchie in 1970’s at Bell Laboratories. C is one of the widely used language. This language helped to develop to create many other high profile languages and Operating systems. We can say “C” is the milestone in the Programming History
Some General Features of C Language:-
- Contains Rich set of Data types and Functions.
- C programs are portable, They can be run on any other compiler.
- Contains Bit Manipulation Operators
- We can write programs using Structures, Unions, File Handling etc
2. C++ ( C plus plus)
C++ is a object oriented programming language, It is the advanced version of “C”. Developed by Bjarne Stroustrup in the year 1983. C++ originator Stroustrup initially gave C++ the name C with classes. later it was named as C++.
Some General Features of C++ language:-
- Flexible Variable declarations
- Contains large set of Function library
- OOP (Object Oriented Programming)
- C++ runs on different Computers, we can call C++ is machine independent language
Java is one of the popular language and no.1 programming language, Designed by James Gosling in 1995. The Interesting fact about Java is runs on over 3 billion devices. Java is commonly used in Software development projects and web application development. Most popular websites like Google, Blogger and Youtube is using Java.
Some General Features of Java:-
- High-level language
- Easy to write a program
- Java programs will run on various plat-forms (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Supports multi-threaded programming
- Cross-Platform functionality
4. PHP (Hypertext Processor)
PHP (Personal Home Page) is used to create dynamic webpages and Most widely used Open-source software by Enterprises , designed by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1995. Facebook, Wikipedia, Digg, WordPress, Joomla uses PHP.
Some General Features of PHP:-
- Server-Side Scripting and Command line Scripting
- PHP is fast
- Can be used in many other Operating system.
- It can be Embedded into HTML coding.
Python is the High level programming language created by Guido Van Rossum in 1991. Python is used in web development, Software development, Information Security etc. Major websites like Spotify, Google, Yahoo, Facebook developed in Python.
Some General Features of Python:-
- Python is powerful and fast
- Contains high level dynamic data types
- Easy to learn
SQL (Structured Query Language) is designed by Donald Chamberlin and Raymond F Boyce. SQL is very is to learn. SQL statements are used to perform particular tasks in data base to update, manipulate and retrieve data from Data base.
Some General Features of SQL:-
- Easy to create a data base and to update
- You don’t need much programming skills to work on SQL
- Some Basic SQL commands are SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, CREATE, DROP,etc.
C# is also know as “C sharp”, developed by Microsoft in the year 2000. C# is powerful and pretty fast and supports strict boolean data types.
Some General Features of C#:-
- Multi-Paradigm (C# combines C and C++).
- It is more like JAVA and C++
- It allows you to develop or program quick application using Rapid Application Development (RAD).
8. VB (Visual Basic)
Visual Basic is only works on Windows Operating system, developed by Microsoft Corporation in the year 1991. A programmer can easily create a application using Visual Basic program itself.
Some General Features of Visual Basic:-
- Drag and Drop objects or elements into the program.
- Data Access Feature, With the help of this feature A programmer can able to create Data Base.
- Easy to Debug.
- Familiar with Perl and C (Structured)
- Supports on Browsers
- Client-Side Web Programming
Perl created by Larry Wall in 1987, Perl is being used in Graphics development, Network Administrator and in Data base Application
Some General Features of Perl:-
- Text Processing and System Administration
- Commonly Gateway Interface
- Open Source, Fast , Flexible and Dynamic.